Hamilton Middle School
was organized in the fall of 1979 with Mr. Ross Feltman serving as principal.
Subsequent principals were Charles Nichols, Virginia Stovall, Johnny
Burrow, and currently Steven Deavours. The doors were first opened
to the full capacity of 800 students in grades five through eight as compared
to today's enrollment of 525 students. Through the years, various renovations
including office space, computer lab, conference room, library facilities,
landscaping, break room and patio for break area have all greatly improved
the building which has served so many students.
Our main building which was erected in 1938 originally served as Hamilton
Elementary School. Our annex building which houses our 5th & 6th
grades has had three different renovations. The original five classrooms
were built in 1949 as a 7th grade annex for the high school. In 1971,
five additional classrooms were added, and in 1997 a break-room and additional
restrooms were added.